Thomas A. Barrett, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery (Board Certified)
- Medical School: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School with Alpha Omega Honors
- Residency: Department of Orthopaedics Penn State Geisinger Health System
- Rotation in Pediatric Orthopaedics, Alfred I. DuPont Institute
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Diplomat National Board of Medical Examiners
- Extensive Level 1 Trauma Training
Specializing in: Orthopaedic Surgery, Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine and Fracture Care
Get To Know Dr. Barrett
Dr. Barrett received his undergraduate degree from Villanova University as a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1986. After two years in the business field Dr. Barrett went into his pre-med education graduating in 1990 from Rutgers University. He received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in 1994.
Dr. Barrett completed his residency in 1999 from the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Penn State Geisinger Health System. During that time he also completed a rotation in Pediatric Orthopaedics at Alfred I. DuPont Institute.
In 1999 Dr. Barrett moved he and his family to Cape May County opening a private practice and then joined Shore Orthopaedic University Associates in 2011. Dr. Barrett enjoys a ‘family feel’ to his practice and attends to generations of families in the Cape May County area. Dr. Barrett is on staff at Cape Regional Medical Center and Shore Medical Center.
Outside of medicine Dr. Barrett enjoys his family time, fishing, boating and is a certified scuba diver. Additionally, Dr. Barrett performs in the band Rocktologists as a singer and guitar player. The band enjoys performing at various non-profit organizations in the South Jersey area.